Friday, May 30, 2014

Art and Outgoing Mail



Here are a couple of recent sketches in my sketch book! I've been working on a different style, and I've been really enjoying playing with my Sailor fountain pen from Japan. I haven't done much drawing with it before now! What do you guys think of this style?


I've had a couple of splotchy problems with the fountain pen :P. I wish I hadn't blobbed ink on this poor kitty! I had a lot of fun painting him and inking the lines. I'd like to do a bigger painting like this! What do you think?


I love gouache paints! And I had a lot of fun mixing this pastel palette.


Here's some outgoing mail to a pen pal in Japan. She kindly asked me to draw her some fruits and vegetables. She likes a simple style of art. :) I think it goes nicely with the herb themed letter set!


I love writing cute letters on San-X stationery. And my clipboard is so handy for writing a letter out in the garden, or the lounge room, etc.! ;) 

I hope everyone's had a fantastic week!
Little Pink Cactus xo

4 comments:

  1. That is so awesome to have a pen pal in Japan! I love your drawings! You have such a unique style. The eyes are great. I love your blog by the way! I followed with GFC x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cory! Thank you so much for your comment! It really made my day :D I think your blog is fantastic, and I love your drawing style and your blog designs! Following on bloglovin and Google ;)

      Delete
  2. Hi Nina! I just found your blog and I love it! ♥
    Your drawings are gorgeous, I'd love to draw like it ! :D
    Have a wonderful day ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you so much for your lovely comment and kind words :D It means a lot to me that you like my drawings! I hope you have a wonderful day too ♥
      Nina xo

      Delete